Sunday, July 10, 2011

Heat


The result of this heat is even affecting us at the Gardens. We don't supply the world with food, but we do supply our little world her with beauty. We have a sprinkler system, but also do a lot of water can watering on all the annual planted plants.

It has been in the upper 80's and upper 90's for the last number of weeks now with no relieve in sight. I do under stand we are already in the "Dog Days" (what ever that may tell us) but even the nights start out in the morning in the lower 80's.

I'm really not complaining for I never had it so good as here. If I'm cold I turn the temp. up. If I'm hot I turn it down. Don't have to worry what the electric bill will be.

Really, it is all very pretty yet. We have tables and chairs on the garden patio, which I sit at often drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying the goings on. The other day it was so cute. A baby robin was learning to fly. He had big intentions, but each timed he tried to make it , the furtherest he could make it off the ground, was about 12". By now I'm sure he's accomplished the trick.

The garden is doing well. We got about 8 ripe strawberries this year. (first year planting). The squash-tomatoes and peppers are all blooming and getting produce on. We did get a late start with the planting, because we didn't get stuff in the ground before all the rain in Mar. The neighbor did and you should see his garden. Beautiful.

All is going well. Will go see dad again tomorrow. He had a wonderful birthday week.

2 comments:

Mike and Belinda said...

Yes we are sure in the dog days of summer - it was very hot here again this weekend and today too - but we are watering like crazy - 1st time in over 2 years that we had to use our sprinklers - but need to keep the gardens growing!! So cute bout the robin - its fun to catch these things happening and just slow down and watch for awhile!!!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

The heat this year is record breaking. So glad you have a garden to enjoy but don't have to take care of it totally on your own.
Also very thankful you love your home and are so contended.
Love you and miss you. I be over as soon as I get home. Thinking of you often, knowing you would be enjoying this soooo much more than I am.
I have decided I'm not a good traveler. But Gerrit is lovin havin me here so that is worth alot.