Monday, January 31, 2011

February


Well, believe it--it's almost February. Will the ground hog see his shadow or not? But the question today, is--are the National and local weather forecaster's right? Is it or isn't it? They predict-ice, rain and snow for 50% of the nation. They predict a 1/2 "of ice for place -- that's hard on the tree but good for the auto repair shops.

I worry about all those people who have to go to work in that stuff, while all I have to worry about is, will the electricity stay on so I can stay warm. Don't worry about it though, I have lots to keep me warm for some time. This year you kids don't have to worry about your parents, we both are taken care of well.

Went to dad yesterday and took him a valentines bear--candy --and a card. I took him to the dining room for coffee and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.( He just scarfs them down). I talked about the snow which might be coming in and then I wouldn't come if the roads weren't good. Before I left he thought we should go in, because the snow was getting deeper and he was getting cold. Poor guy.

I've been doing little things that had to get done since I moved--but I believe I'm caught up. Now what? Don't worry-if I take part in some of the activities they have around here I'll not get lonely. I started to play bridge (which I never thought I'd do). I enjoy that because two of the ladies are 97 and we play for fun, not for blood. Tonight we have wii-fi bowling. Sometimes we play Uno--phase ten or skipo. All are fine--lots of the not so well women , who know nothing about the game enjoy playing and wining( with a lot of help--(now lay this -- where --and when).

Evonne gave me a perm the last time she was here and it's a good one. Now I don't have to give my own. My finger nails are improving since I started taking calcium for nail breakage. I love taking showers , since I can walk right in and sit down. I use those bath balls they gave me for Christmas and that new bath jell soap. Does that work good. (Man, I've been missing 1/2 of life.) Also I now wear lipstick body cologne-and perfume. I've got all kinds of good cloths-some new -some hand me downs,- but all great.

Until more rambling--Keep well.

3 comments:

Mike and Belinda said...

Hope the ice misses you - it started snowing here around 10 this morning and it's still coming down pretty good - Jamie's BB game is cancelled already for tonight.

So glad you both are safe and warm - have fun bowling tonight!!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Hope you do not lose Elec. Otherwise you should have it made. I did everything I can think of. Bought groceries, plenty of wood, filled the tub, ran the dishwasher, doing a load of laundry, watered the plants, brought the generator and gas up to the house and now we will wait and see if and what we get. Thankful we don't have to leave.
Love you Mom!

Kryna said...

Sounds like an awesome little place! Can't wait to see you there. Love ya!