Sunday, April 11, 2010

May it never happen again!!!!


Yesterday was not my day. In fact , it was one of the worst that ever happened to me. But nothing serious--not due to my senility--just queer.

After I had visited dad in the morning I decided to wash the car. I pulled in and decided I would just do my own washing instead of going through the automatic. I could save some money. I saw I needed quarters. I took the keys out of the ignition--laid them on the front seat--got out $3.00 from my billfold. Laid the billfold on the front seat on top of the keys. My cell phone was also in it--went around the corner -got $2.00 worth of quarters and went back to the car. Yep! It was locked.

Looked for the manager--no where. So I went up to a nice man two stalls down from me and asked him how I should handle this. "Do you know your kids cell # ?. No --it's all on the cell phone. Well, he was finished washing his old antique car , had some groceries in it, but he said "I'll take these home and then I'll take you to your friend who has your house key." Well--Debbie wasn't home, so he took me to ER where Cindy was working. He came in with me and stayed by me tell all was ok.

Cindy called Rich and fortunately he was in Rogers getting a hair cut. He came--took me home--unlocked the house door--I got the extra car key--He drove me back to the car wash, and all was well. By this time I had missed lunch and it was time to get back to dad and watch the MASTERS.

Rich suggested I get another car key --a magnetic box and put it under the car someplace. So I did. Got a new car key and house key. So when I got home I tried the house key--it worked. Tried the car key--it worked---BUT set off the panic whistle. I stopped, so I thought all was well. WRONG.

I opened the car door to go to dad--the PANIC whistle went off again. I tried everything. Couldn't do a thing. Called Rich--he didn't know exactly what to say. Called Gt. He told me to get out my manual and it would walk me through it. RIGHT. Thanks Gt. I might have been bald by now if it wasn't for you.

2 comments:

Mike and Belinda said...

Oh My - you did have a day - I hope you made it to dad and got to watch some of the masters before it was over - :) - Momma said that there would be days like this!!!!

Kryna said...

Wow, I am very shocked dad said to look at a manual. I didn't know he knew cars came with those! :) Glad you made it home safe though.

At first I kind of wondered if you would come back to your car and find someone had taken your cell and the $2. That would have stunk too. :)