
I should have had my camera ready to roll yesterday, but I didn't. Cindy came to town to get mulch and mow my lawn. The weather was nice ,but they predicted rain latter that afternoon and for the next couple of days. She asked if I wanted to come out and help her plant a few small free evergreens she got from a friend and help plant the garden before the rain came. Sounded good to me, so I went.
Got the trees set out--the garden planted--Rain clouds coming closer--spread most of the mulch--RAIN CLOUDS GETTING VERY HEAVY. The mulch was on Rich's truck and it had a large tire in the front of the bed, covered with mulch. Cindy got it uncovered and lifted it over the side of the truck and dropped it, but it didn't land flat. It rolled--rolled--rolled and then took a turn and started straight for the chicken coop. This is where the funny part took place. The door of the coop was open and the tire rolled right through the opened door and came to a stop when it hit the roost and shattered them. Cindy just laughed and (so did I). This would have made a good AFV shot.
She finished the mulch--took the truck and picked up the tire. There were a few sprinkles--she took in all the patio cushions--shut the windows--I left--got to the second curve on 127 and it just down poured. I stopped at the Reddick church where the cemetery is and waited until I could see again-got to the 73 turn off and the road was dry. We didn't get any rain in Rogers either, but at least Cindy's work was not in vain.
3 comments:
That is hilarious - if you dropped that tire 100 more times I bet you would never get the same results - picture perfect - glad all the work was complete before the rain!!
That is great. Glad you guys had fun and Cindy got her garden stuff done. Harrison had a bunch of rain too but very little here by the time I got home.
Love it, those kind of things make up the fun stuff if life!
Post a Comment