Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Looking Good


Just got one of those urgent e-mails that had to be sent off to seven other friends as soon as possible and not to break the chain. Then at exactly 11.29 tomorrow morning someone would call me with something very important that I wanted to hear , so I didn't.

The flowering trees are all just beautiful now. In a week the dogwoods should be also. The red buds are already this week. Rich mowed the lawn Sat. for me. It wasn't that long, but shaggy.

Sunday, being EASTER, I took dad out to church. He enjoyed that very much. We went to a Ref. church that has started in Bentonville. After church they had Brunch and they asked us to stay , so we did. It was very nice. Someone had taken french toast. It was good. It had been baked , then sliced and a frosting like stuff was layered on it and the top layer then returned. They had used thick Texas toast.

Dad has been a little more confused this past week. You know how he likes to repair stuff-well, he didn't. One day he fiddled with the wall heater and broke off the knob to regulate it. Then the stool needed attention and he broke the plastic arm that goes from the handle to the float release. He has packed his walker seat full , I don't know how many times, but he is depressed now, because his job is finished there and now he has to pay for the room to stay living there and he doesn't have any money.

I still have devotions with him each morning. Then each afternoon I play golf with him, which means playing my hand and his and seeing to it he wins a lot. He really enjoys doing that. At night I watch Wheel of Fortune and get him to bed about 7. One day I got some filled doughnuts and had lunch with him. Also I make nibble mix for him, and he eats a lot of that. I use about 6 different kids colored cereals--white chips--m and m's--butterscotch chips-- 3 kinds of yogurt balls--raisin's--dried cherries--dried raspberry's--sunflower seed--marshmallow's and all that kind of good stuff.

Brother Wally flew home from Az. by Air VAC. They are moving him to Pleasant Acres in Hull today. He did walk a ways yesterday with a walker, but his heart is very poor. He is a WONDER BOY.

GOD IS GOOD.

6 comments:

Kryna said...

That is the kind of lunch I want today! Good to hear from you, love ya!

Mike and Belinda said...

Sounds like you are taking extra good care of dad - I'm sure he loves every minute of it.

Maybe next time we play golf you can let me win once :)

Ladene said...

Sorry about that. You are not on my list for beating me.

Brett Hendrickson said...

The dogwood in our yard is just about to bloom too.
It must be really frustrating for grandpa (and for you) that he is unable now to do the sort of repairs that he has always done. I have no doubt, however, that Christ's light continues to shine in him. His current suffering makes me think of 1 Corinthians 4:7-10:
"But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it may be made clear that this extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our bodies."

We love you. Happy Easter!

Ladene said...

Thanks Brett-those are beautiful thoughts you penned.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Love you both. Thanks for keeping us posted.

You just never know what you are going to find when you go to see Dad? Glad you can keep such a positive attitude.