Saturday, August 15, 2009

Serious but true


I'm not sure how to approach this matters, but I'd like to share it with you folks.

A little while ago, SJ. said. " We should get married". I said, "Why"? He said, "Because you do everything for me". I said, "We are married and have been for 60 years". He said, "We have? That's a long time." Then he drops the subject.

I am used to hearing various things all the time. It won't be long tho and we can not conceal things any longer. I'd like to share them with you , but if you don't want that, please let me know.

I am honored tho that he still wants to marry me. He is so sweet--happy and gentle.
He is getting very bad about people's name and that include our immediate family. Please don't sorry tho. God is so good to us.

8 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

After 60 years and he would still do it all over again. That is true love.
Very thankful that he stays kind and gentle. Makes it alot easier.
Keeps your days very interesting, that's for sure.

Mike and Belinda said...

So glad that he is so kind and gentle and happy - thanks for taking such good care of him all the time - he does appreciate it and loves you dearly as we all do!!
Thanks for sharing - we love to hear the stories!

Lanette said...

awww, this is so sweet. I love hearing about your life and how Grandpa is doing. He is very sweet. I loved seeing him interact with the kids when we were there the other day. I hope my husband will want to marry me in 55 years. I'll just have to try to follow my Grandmother's example.

Meg said...

That is the sweetest story I have heart. I am with Lanette. I love hearing the stories about you and Grandpa. Thank you for the wonderful day two weeks ago!

Aaron r. said...

How cute! Of course we want to hear your updates. Had a lot of fun during our visit!

Unknown said...

Great story. Sorry I've not been there in a while. I have to come over for business in the next couple weeks so I'll be sure to stop in then. I'll probably even bring the rest of the family too.

Kryna said...

That is really really sweet! I love you both and love to hear about anything that is going on. We wish we were closer, but are very thankful for the times we get to see you when we are in AR. Lots of love!

Alex said...

You are a wonderful example of marriage to all of us! Thank you for sharing.