Monday, August 10, 2009

MOUNT RUSHMORE





High on a Mountain in western South Dakota, stands a colossal feat of art, engineering and dynamite. An undertaking that took 14 years , moved over 400,000 tons of granite, and cost nearly a million dollars. MT. RUSHMORE.

Talked to Leona Saturday. The big motor cycle rally is over for another year. This takes place at Sturgus, 30 miles away. If I remember right, this was the biggest year yet. Next year is there 70th, and the plans are even bigger. This year they had a bad hail storm on one night and cars- and bikes had a lot of damage.

3 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Maria, Daryl and Kathys daughter who just got married, went on their honeymoon to sturgis on his bike. Doesn't sound like fun to me at all.

Kryna said...

Really a million wasn't too bad. I would hate to think how much it would cost today!

Mike and Belinda said...

I heard one person say it took them an hour and a half to go 1 mile - wow that's lots of bikes on the road and all trying to get to the same place - I do believe Mike and I would be going the opposite direction!