
Finally!!!!!!!. Our water leak has been solved and corrected. Three weeks ago I saw water on the kitchen floor. Just a wee bit--about 4 feet from the livimng room rug and about 3 tiles from the kitchen wall. I called the land lord. He came that night after work and thought it was coming from the dish water and the leak ran under the tile--found a pin hole in the grout to seep up... He said he would be back Sat. to fix it. This was Tues. Sat. turned out to be very busy for him-so it ran into the next week. Had company that week end so was glad the land lord had to go away for that week end and couldn't make it.
The leak on the floor quit-but the leak in front of the dish water became worse. I called the land lord about that on Tues again. He pulled the dishwasher out-disconnected the electricity to it--shut off the hot water too it and said he'd be back. Now I could put towels on the floor where the dishwasher had been. I did!!!! I actually changed them so many times a day that my thumb joints where getting carpal tunnel?
I called the land lord again on Sat. morning. He came in and cut holes in the sheet rock under the sink and also in the kitchen where pipes are running to the water heater. THERE WAS THE CULPRIT. One of those old gray pipes (now condemned) was leaking . He called the plumber. He would come latter that afternoon and fix it. I got a call about 6:30 that he couldn't make it until Tues. between 8:30 and 9:00. OK. That meant keeping on changing towels. Since the new hole was cut I could now place towels under the water heater space for about 3 feet.
WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT??? I had so many towels that all I had were four I keep behind for the bathroom. That meant even 4 nice new heavy ones I had gotten as a Christmas gift. I changed them all about ever four hours. BUT I GOT SMART. I now threw them wet into the washer-- ran them through the spin cycle TWICE and then dried them for about 20 mins, or until dry enough to fold or hung them over the patio rail and let the sun dry them.
The leak started to become heavier-- I had to change towels more often --and on Mon. night water was started to run past the towels on to the kitchen floor. I changed all the towels at 9 pm. Had no more dry ones at the time and by 10pm the stack of 3 where damped to the feet and I had the whole night ahead on me to worry about the flood!!!!!!!!!!. Brave Ladene-put on her house coat-rang the neighbors door bell and asked Birch to turn off my water to house at the road. So Tues. we couldn't flush the stool-get water any where --except go to Birch and steal some 5 gal. pails full from him. SO I DID JUST THAT.
Not so bad. The plumber was coming at 8:30. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!He hadn't showed yet by 10 and I was getting crabber. Finally at 10:15 he came-work --cut out some more sheet rock and left the mess for us to clean up--I went away at 2:30 and asked him to write a note if I needed to know anything. Laid out a tablet and pen for him, Got home about 5--the plumber was gone--had water in the bathroom but not in the kitchen. Cindy turned on the valve in the kitchen and water flew everywhere. I called the land lord--he called the plumber and said he'd be back first thing in the morning.
In the morning he called Rich and told him it was because the dishwasher wasn't hooked up. Rich said he wouldn't pay until he came back and had every thing fixed and Rich would run over and inspect it. FINALLY 12:45 the plumber came -worked about 30 mins (free) Rich inspected it--paid him and all is well. Not bad for $65.00 an hour and parts picked up at Louies which he charged #100 for and 5 hours labor.
Sounds like I'm in a bad mood. Really, I am, not--but Sentner NEVER would have treated a customer that way, and you wonder why they have to be different now. But I must admit--I won't miss changing the towels. I soaked the really dirty ones this morning and then had two large batches of only towels-fresh-folded and all put back in place.
3 comments:
SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD That that is all over for you - you were very patient about it all - and now you are a professional water soaker upper!!!
I don't think the tenants at our apartments would have been that patient.
Glad it is fixed and you can go on with normal life.
Love ya.
Patience???????? That word has a whole new meaning to me since I need it badly every day. I prayed for more --and with a constant desire to improve on that weakness- I am improving--but slowly.
Do any of you need a professional water soaker upper???
Post a Comment