Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cards, anyone?


Thanks everyone for your responds. I'd love to share the goings on around here, but don't wish to have you folks feel I need pity or that things are really rough.

Today Georgean from El Direct came down for her bi monthly check up on our needs.


We had a great discussion this time and different things are developing. Cindy has found a very cute pugs for us which is very healthy and compatible. She was very pleased to hear that--for pets are suppose to have great value for people in his condition. Cindy brought him into town today just to make a visit with us. Dad was very pleased with him and seemed to be ok with it. Then she took him home and he is now wondering where our pugs is. She is making sure it is well house broken and healthy, before we take him.

He can not get his toenails taken care of free, so I will keep on trimming them for him. (Not too big a deal). He fell again today while Vicky was in charge of him. This time in the den. He said his legs just buckled on him, but was not hurt. He just about fell again going to the supper table, but I was right there and helped him stable himself again. He also had more trouble with his stools, which isn't nice for either of us. She thinks too, I should try to get him into elastic pull up pants--no zippers-belts etc. Soon, I will try that. I do have two pants like that for him already. Must wait for the time, and I believe it can be done.

Geeorgean is going to check on me wearing the life line, since he would not know what to do even if he had a need. She is also going to check more on his diagnosis of Spinal canal Stenos . I have checked it out on google, but would like more info if possible.

Also I had to get my pills refilled today. While at the pharmacy I got a booklet on Alzheimer's. It is very interesting-but looks like he is very near the end of stage 3. the late stage. After that he'll need more care--we will wait to cross that when the time comes.

Now for the good news. Georgeann suggested having a person come in once a week, as a friend. to have coffee with us and play some games or cards. She thinks that will help a lot for both of us. This would be for an hour or two in the middle of the afternoon, after our naps. So that would mean I could carrying on a conversation with a person who is also understanding in regards to this matter.

Like I said last time--God is so good. There is a beautiful poem in the booklet I picked up today. Will share that with you all the next time.

6 comments:

Mike and Belinda said...

Mom - you are so special to us and you are doing a great job - thanks for all your love and we support you on any decisions that need to be made - thanks for being such a great example for us all.

Kryna said...

So glad you both are ok after the falls yesterday. We love you bunches!

Oh and I am still in shock about them not clipping toe nails. That is not good news for the Rozeboom kids..... :)

Lanette said...

That's really neat that you could have somebody come in to chat and play some cards etc. I wish we lived closer so that we could stop by more often to do just that. Its really good that Grandpa didn't hurt himself on his falls. Love you both

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Play cards? Are you OK with that? I mean you think they could find something you enjoyed if they are coming over to spend time with you.
hehehe

Sounds like you have it all under control like always. Maybe I could clip dad's toenails when I come over. Hope to make it over this week sometime. Love ya.

Ladene said...

Since I could not get help, splurged and got a really good nail sissors. Cost me over $7 .00 I cut SJ's nails Fri. and it only toook me about 15 mins. I soaked them first like the instructions told me to. The I cut mine and I was done in no time. Guess I should have done it long ago. This one has rubber on the handles , so I don't lose it all the time and I am in control.

If it comes out to come this week, fine, just call.

aaronr said...

I agree that good nail clippers are worth the extra. And since they are harder to lose than car keys, the cost per year of ownership is still pretty low. :-) adr