
Our church is going to have a cleaning day next Saturday. Should I go or not? Maybe I can polish the pews. They are terribly dirty--need nail holes filled with colored putty and greatly in need of some Old English on the many scratches. Maybe I should not--I am questioning my sanity.
Me--I have a lovely lady, named Vicky, who comes in and helps me two days a week for three hours. I don't tell her what to do anymore. She just does things the way she wants to do them and when she wants to do them.. She rakes the leaves from the lawn--sweeps the drive way--vacuum's the garage--mops the kitchen and bath--vacuum's the carpet--dusts or polishes the furniture--changes the bedding and washes the dirty stuff--cleans the bathroom every time--Windex's the windows--wipes down the kitchen cupboards and appliance's and still has time to pay her bills--watch the soaps on TV--drink a 10 cup pot of coffee and of course runs to the bath at least five times while she is here.
I don't know how she does everything in such a short time. When it all started I asked her to change the bedding every other week and also mop the floor every other week. Do you think I should complain? I will think about the church all this week. Do you think I should? Hope you all agree on my decision that I will be making but right now playing games on the computer sure sound more interesting to me.
4 comments:
Let the others do the jobs. You have done your time.
Computer bowling should be at the top of the list now.
I totally second that!
I totally third that - you have done your time - they will manage - I love Vicky too and don't even know her!!
I need a Vicky, or maybe just some lessons on efficiency from her.
Post a Comment