Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Taking Care of the old people


Some times I feel I'm living in a nursing home. Rubber grips under all the throw rugs to prevent falling----a walker-----a chair in the shower-----sit down shower head-----grips on the tub floor---risers under the bed---extension shoe horns----electric lift chair----heavy armed chair by the kitchen table---canes---aprons-----a batch of wash every day-----looking for misplaced articles----setting out the pills---etc. etc.

But today is going to be different. Some one is coming to put a riser on the stool. That's not all--we don't need it. So today Ladene is getting a riser, just for herself, put on the stool and that will be so great.

No it's really not that bad. I just needed to change the blog and this is the most interesting thing that is going to happen to us today.

2 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Enjoy your new seat Mom. You're a good sport. Keeps life interesting right?

Mike and Belinda said...

Love your blog - thanks for the update - you are so sweet :)