
I know Halloween is drawing nigh but I hate to be awaken at 10:30 at night from a musical sound of 4 notes going down -dah-dah-dah-dah every two minutes. Yah, that's what happen to me last night. In the corner of our bedroom, came a sound that scared the crap out of me. Every 2 minutes on the dot, it would sound off again. I checked the fire alarm-doorbell-alarm clock -TV-and finally figured out it was coming from the new contraption they installed last Tues. Ken Williams came an installed a HOTLINE for us. This should enable dad to call for help in case I am incapacitated.
I unplugged it, but it kept on going, for it has a back up battery in it that runs for 24 hours. Then I tried to cover it with a blanket, but touched something wrong and a lady replied, "Thank You". I finally crawled back in bed, knowing I would not sleep another wink that night. I lay on my "getting deaf ear" and covered the other one with another blanket. That helped immensely, but I could still faintly hear that agggggravating sound (every 2 minutes).
It is now 12:30 and my patience is just about worn out. Finally at 12:43 the sound turned to a nice little ditty and all was peace and quite. Called the hotline this morning. They had never heard of that before, but told me to call in and reset it, and if it ever happened again, Ken would have to come out and replace the unit. Happy Scary Halloween.
5 comments:
Great story, On that theme one time when tim was working at night I thought I heard someone walk up our front steps and stop on our landing I was so scared and I just laid perfectly still hardly breathing praying. Nothing happened and I finally drifted off to sleep. Thank God.
For Ken's sake I hope it is fixed :)
I hate night noises....like mice in the night. Never good!
Glad you got it figured out and that it wasn't a real boggie man. They can be bad.
A boggie man is worse than boogie man I think! :)
Post a Comment