Thursday, October 23, 2008

Food




I'm really getting sold on this. Not that I'm lazy, but becoming so. Each day, Monday through Friday, the door bell rings and there stand a nice old man ,delivering meals on wheel. I'm sure some are as old as what we are. The first day I was not impressed. We had a hamburger , and by time I got back from Rehab. the warm bun was soggy and I had lost my appetite. Since then, I have learned a lot. If food is on a bun, remove it-dry out the bun and warm it up when ready to serve it. Also, turn the mini oven on to 150o-put the meals in and they stay nice until dinner.

We have been having good meals- Today we had garlic chicken, herb potatoes-carrots-fruit salad- and milk. Tomorrow we have baked fish- french fries-coleslaw-pudding and milk. Monday we had potato casserole-green beans-beets-applesauce- and milk. Tuesday was roast beef with mushroom gravy- Mashed potatoes-peas and onions-jello -and milk. Wednesday they served ham and cheese casserole-green beans-lettuce salad-bread pudding- and milk. So you see--It really is good, and more than enough.

On top of that, Vicky , who comes each time I go to Rehab. does all my work. Tomorrow she will mop the kitchen and bath . Wednesday she vacuumed and dusted. Monday she sweep ed the garage, emptied the waste baskets and does what ever she sees to do. Do I like it? Of course, but my strength is slow coming back, although I feel good. Sorry to say, I am not showing much signs of improvement at Rehab. Nothing has been increased, some has been decreased. My pulse goes too high and so I have to slow up and wait for it to go down before I can go on. So I will continue to plug away. So what am I complaining about. The Tampa Bays lost last night, but will win tonight I am sure.

3 comments:

Mike and Belinda said...

You are making me hungry - sounds like it's a great deal and so glad everything is working out well(as of right now 5th inning tampa is ahead)

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Fun how are lives change. I have meals on wheels often, heading between here and there to save time. Yours sound alot for enjoyable and healthy.
Love you both!

Kryna said...

Yum that does sound pretty good....although, whoever thought of the hamburger must have had a bad day.

Did the Tampa Bays win?