Tuesday, April 8, 2008

You won't believe it!


Last week I was working in the back yard. The late April hard frost,last year, did havic to the trees, and are still constantly dropping dead limbs. I had a big bundle in my arms to bring to the trash can in front of the house. I came around the corner and there in the driveway sat a brand new TOYOTA HYBRID.

Our friend had just purchased it and was eager to show us all the bells and whistles on that thing. You won't believe it!!. He doesn't even have to take the keys out of his pocket, ever. He walks out of the house and the doors unlock. We walk out, and the doors remain locked. He touches the car and the motor starts. It has airs bags all over the place. The gauges -lights-etc. are not on the dash, but behind it, near the windshield. Nothing is on the dash behind the steering wheel. It has a three tier trunk. Tools- first aid kit-etc. are already in there for them. These are in the bottom layer. Then a huge place to store all the purchases made at the mall that day. Above that you pull down a covering and can place lighter items up there or stuff of the kids to play with. When he's ready to back up a TV comes up on the dash and show him all the way to the pavement just what is back of his car.

I guess if I had to drive one of those things, I'd be like my mother. She was learning to drive ,soon ater they were married, and went to get the mail 1/4 mile away. Dad climbed up the windmill to watch her, which made her so disturbed, that she never drove again. Guess I'd never drive a new hybrid either.

5 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Well I don't have to worry about that either. With a husband who thinks a '93 is still a pretty new car, I know one of those is not in my future.

Anonymous said...

'93 is a pretty new car! :-) adr

Kryna said...

Wow, that is hardly a car. If you can't lock your keys in it, it just can't be!

Mike and Belinda said...

Amazing isn't it!!!

Tim and Lanette said...

Wow, sounds great but thats a lot of stuff to go wrong too I would think. Now I just sound like Eore.