Sunday, April 6, 2008

Birds and flowers



My flower pots, given to me by some crafty people, blew over in the wind this winter and crushed to pieces. I replaced two of them and put the arrangement back together. Added my artifical flowers and the necessary moss to cover the styrofoam. Then I put some lattice work around the muns. ( Last year the muns fell all over so that was enough of that. ) In so doing, I lost my balance and fell backwards and landed on one of my lattice rings, still waiting to be installed, and crushed that poor thing all to piece. SJ was able to retrive it for me by screwing all the lattice back on the leather, Looks good as new.

Went out to check the changes in the yard , like I do every morning, and found the birds have been taking all my moss, apparently to build another nest.. Probably sparrows, which brings back a memory. When Lois and I were about 10-12, we would walk to Lucille and play in her large barn with a great haymow. We would climb on the beams and get the eggs out of all the nest and then destroy the nest, of what ever bird had used those beams to raise another batch of young'ns . Then we would take the eggs and mix them with cracked corn and pretend. That was great fun, also kept the haymow cleaner.

3 comments:

Mike and Belinda said...

Sounds like a great time working in the yard again - be careful though - you might get a sliver somewhere you don't want one at - glad dad could fix it for you - happy gardening!!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

If you need more pots, I still have a lot of them. Just let me know. Hope you didn't hurt yourself.
Who was the brave one that messed around on the beams?

Tim and Lanette said...

I am thinking that lattice couldn't have been constructed very sturdily in the first place cuz you're about as light as a feather. Now if it was me who fell, well that would be another story, there probably would have only been sawdust left. Be careful and have fun.