Monday, October 24, 2011

Preparing for Fall


As you all may know-Henrietta spent a few days with me last week.
We had a very good time. One day she took me to Silom Springs to a Music store, and we got a large new book for my organ playing. Then she took me to see "Courageous." It was very good, one of my kind. The next day she took me to Branson through the back roads. We saw the Hugh's Bros. and family. That also was very good. I really liked it better than the Dutton's. The next day she took me to another show, "The Help" Great. Part of Thurs. and Fri. we worked out in the Osage Gardens.

She loves to keep busy and I didn't mind the help. I did not suggest it, but gladly went along with it. Since it had frozen on Wed. many of the plants were affected. We pulled out a lot of sick flowers, put all the good soil on plastic bags on the benches and tables and when it was dry we bagged it and put in garbage bags to use again next year. We will mix it with some new miracle planting soil.

There are still two planters to empty, but the flowers in them have not frozen yet.
Then we have four hanging planters, which I will move into my room and try to keep them through the winter. 3 dianthuis and 1 Lantana. The Lantana is really an annual, but I'm going to try anyway. I already have 2 ferns-a cactus and ivy in my room, but always room for more. We also found time to play Pinochle and three games of Dirty canasta with Jonny.

Must close and watch the Series.

1 comment:

Mike and Belinda said...

Sounds like an awesome visit - SO glad she waited and came later - you two had lots more time for each other and could really enjoy each other's company this way - we have been watching the series too - they are sure keeping it interesting!!!!