
Today I had a fun day. I was a People Watcher.
It was my day to go to the Wellness Center or anything I wanted to do. I did the tread mill--bicycle machine--stair climbing do-dad--then decided to have a cup of coffee and just watch the people. What a variety!!
All over 55 (must be to get in)--skinny ones--Old as dirt ones-- Fat ones--Extra fat ones--slow ones and ones that didn't stop for anything. Walking as fast as they could with a mile marker in their hand---Actually some even slow running (forwards and backwards ) on the trail, never even looking tired or hot---Really overweight over the hill couples walking with their walkers or oxygen tanks strapped to them---Macho-muscular-healthy guys working out on the weights and muscle building machines---Frail Little ladies in shorts and tight blouses, going as fast as the can on the stair climbing machines---others bent all out of shape and just glad to get the session over with.
Had made previous plans to meet Francis at the Krispy Kreme's about 10-for a doughnut-coffee and talk. She had a Dr.s appointment earlier--I was running a little early--the red light showed they were making hot glazed doughnuts--So I went in, got a free doughnut and cup of coffee and watched the people. It was busy.
Fat mothers with a bunch of kid (mostly overweight) go in, get a free doughnut and leave.---Sharp looking (probable business ladies) picking up bags full of boxed doughnuts and leave with them ,back to the office.---Grandpa's and Grandma's carrying out their drink and coffee they couldn't finish all at one sitting. They took 15 minutes just to leave the store--set everything down-unlock the car-get in and settled before thy could leave (very slowly). I laughed--there goes SJ and LA. ---Grandma's with grand kids, enjoying every minute of it.---A construction worker coming in with his KK cup and leaving with a fresh doughnut and a full cup of coffee.---happy ones--grouchy ones-those in a hurry--those who had all day---stressed ones---irritated ones---but 95% with to much luggage around their waist.
In comes Francis-soooooo--- another free fresh, glazed doughnut and a raspberry Bismark--a cup of coffee and a great talk for about 3/4 of an hour with my good friend. LIFE IS GOOD. PEOPLE ARE INTERESTING.
4 comments:
It takes all kinds to make the world go round - glad you had a fun day and I love to watch people too - and I am now craving a KK doughnut ;)
Sounds like a good time.
But then donuts and people watching, it just doesn't get much better than that. I love them both.
Ha, I love watching people too. That must be where I got it from!
I love to watch people too. I loved reading about your day. It was fun to feel like I was a part of it.
Post a Comment