A few blogs back I mentioned a favorite poem of GrandpaVZ- but could not find it. Well here it is.
Around the Corner I have a friend
Around the corner I have a friend, in this great city that has no end.
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on, and before I know it, a year is gone.
I never see my old friends face, for life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I like him just as well, as in the days when I rang his bell,
And he rang mine --but we were younger then, and now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game, Tired of trying to make a name.
'Tomorrow' I say! I will call on Jim-just to show that I'm thinking of him.
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes, and distance between us grows and grows.
Around the corner, yet miles away, 'Here's a telegram sir,' 'Jim died today.'
And that's what we get and deserve in the end-
AROUND THE CORNER-A VANISHED FRIEND.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yup, it is true.
So true call or say what you want to today - never know what tomorrow will bring - Mike tells me this alot - glad you found it!
Post a Comment