
Today looks like another nice day. I was just reminiscing while listening to wonderful Easter ,taped music, playing in the living room.
My dad was a great April fool prankster. Not a year went by that he didn't get us some way or another. That's one thing I tried to continue in our family, but I was a failure compared to daddy.
April 1-1997 Cindy called Evonne and said--Mom broke her neck and Evonne said- "April Fools.". No-she really did, replied Cindy. Sometimes I wish it had been an April Fools joke. That little accident made a lot of changes in my life.
The most hurting thing of the whole thing was learning to do some little things again that my grandchildren had no trouble with. Ex. Turning nuts on bolts-putting pegs in holes-moving rings on dowels-etc.
Not really having physical pain really helps when it come to having a burden placed upon you -or having a stint put in- or burning yourself. Anyway- I'm still here and having new challenges every day and thankful for it all. GOD is so good. And that's not April Fools.
3 comments:
I forgot all about that being on April Fools Day.
And we are home again. Love ya.
Marcus called me on his way home from school and told me he got a speeding ticket - then said April Fools and hung up on me - I wasn't very happy bout that - but laughed later!!
Wow, that was a while back now. I can still see you going down a slide though! (but please don't do it!)
Post a Comment