Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ahead of the Season

It may be only August 16- but the weather is definitely fall. We have been able to sleep with windows open now, for the past week ,or so, and the air condition seldom runs. That should save on the electric bill, although I can not complain about our July bill. It was only $14.49, and we had only used 22 kilowatts. Now that could not be true. I didn't go right our and spend the savings though. I called Carroll Electric and they came out and reread the meter. It had been read wrong and the bill was $88.40 instead. That still was good compared to the year before. We really have had a good summer with only about 2 week with temperature in the 90's and never 100 so far.

Anyway --the reason I know it is fall-- the katydid's are singing. They are the neatest things to listen to at night. I just could not sleep last night until at least 1:30, but I did have something very delightful to sooth my busy mind. Do you know, I solved just about all the world problems but not any of my own. I really should quit worrying. Worry is like a rocking chair--it never gets you any place.


3 comments:

Mike and Belinda said...

Fall is a beautiful time of year - I am already enjoying it also with cooler temps at night and sweatshirt weather - YEAH - also here comes football season!!!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Great post Mom.
Hope you solved all my problems, now I can sleep tonight.
We are still working on the program, getting close. Just need to know some of the names and finish with the fonts.
Love you and can't wait to go road tripping with you and Dad.

Tim and Lanette said...

I'm glad fall is here I love it.