
Boy, lately we have had a lot of threats of tornado's, but so far we have been spared any damage. Saturday, we actually had weather warnings for at least two hours. Seems like the storms were all the way down from the Quachta's and Tx. up through--Ok--Ar--Ks and Mo. The sirens blew a number of times-others got strong winds--hail--heavy rains and tornado's. One touched down briefly about 5 miles from us. Very little damage though compared to the ones that hit Pitcher, Ok and Seneca, MO. about 50 miles north of us. That tornado was about 300 yards wide and 30 miles long, doing very heavy damage and taking over 20 lives. Made us think of the movie, "Wizard of Oz". Don't still know why our tallest girl was sooooo scared of that show. Must have been the( Tin Man or the Straw Scare Crow.)
Today the weather is sunny and warm, but they are predicting rain and storms including tornado's again for the the rest of the week. We shall wait and see. We sort of plan to take a short ride again this week and see all the changes in the scenery and stop at some new place for our big day out.
3 comments:
I saw some pictures of the damage at a school in Bentonville. Looked nasty. Glad you guys are safe though. Love you bunches!
Yeah, this year if they are talking storms, you pay attention. We had a little hail and heavy rain but the is it for the last storm.
Today was great so G & I took the bike out for a few hours this afternoon. I really needed a break away from everything.
It was great and I am back to my old smiling self.
I still hate the Wizard of Oz. But I can't tell you why. I'll call tomorrow.(Tue)
Glad you didn't get hit - they are scary!!!
Post a Comment