
Tomorrow will be Palm Sunday. What a glorious time of the year. Easter was not only the second most important religious season of the year, but the folks always saw to it we got a new outfit. We did not get new clothes at every little flip flop. Most of our things mom sewed for us--but at Easter, we would get a new coat or hat, if we needed them , and generally a new boughten spring dress to be used only on Sunday. Just because we did this did not take away the true meaning of the Risen Savior.
We not only had special services on Palm Sunday and Easter, but school would let out early and all the stores would close from noon until three. All of the local ministers would have a short sermon on the words on the cross from our Savior, Jesus Christ . It was very special and still is to me. HE IS RISEN AND LET US NEVER-NEVER FORGET THAT. HE IS LORD AND ALWAYS WILL BE. LET US ALL GIVE THANKS FOR THAT, AN LIVE OUR LIVES FOR HIM.
May each of you have a blessed Easter season.
5 comments:
Great post Mom. I'm really proud of you. Not everyone has the patience and will power it takes to figure this out.
I bet you felt really special in you new Easter clothes.
I don't remember new Easter clothes so much but we always got a new outfit for the Christmas Sunday school program.
Also I always loved going to the sunrise services on Easter with you and Wanda.
Wow - I can remember getting new Easter dresses every Easter when I was little and most of the time - my mom would dress me and my big sister exactly alike - I thought that was neat my sister didn't as much - and we ALWAYS had to take a picture in our new clothes before church:)
Great Post! I still think about the little Easter Egg hunts we used to have out on your little path through the woods in Bella Vista. That was the coolest! And then always going to church with you all the next day.
try it again - groan!
This was a great post. I loved it. We had a great Easter yesterday. We spent the day at Mom and Dad's and had great food. A good sermon in the morning too. We were gone the days leading up to easter so I brought James his first Easter basket no candy in it just a few little toys. I remember going to your house and having an egg hunt in the woods and then going to church with you. It was always such great fun. I always loved getting to go to Grandpa and Grandmas house.
Post a Comment